Sunday, October 14, 2012

Who inspires me & why: Terron E. Schaefer

I'm pretty much a jeans and sweatshirt kind of girl, but I love the NBC show, "Fashion Star" that debuted at the beginning of this year. Having worked in the stationery and graphic design field, I can relate to the drive all great designers must have to create something truly phenomenal. Whether designing clothes, events or even wedding stationery, we're all driven by this need to perfect our craft; to create something truly unforgettable. The designers on this show are no different. 
So, even though I'm definitely no fashion guru, I quickly fell in love with the show and in no time, I found myself totally, head over heals in love with the stern but supporting discernment of the Saks Fifth Avenue buyer, Terron E. Schaefer. 



Terron is is exquisite. Only a few minutes of being introduced to him on the show, it became clear that this man knows his stuff. He's got an eye for what I think of as, 'interesting beauty'. My favorite kind!
It took a lot to get Terron's attention. It's not that the clothes he passed on were not fabulous, many of them were, but it became very clear that he was looking, for something really special. At one point, he flipped the collar of his nicely made suit up to reveal a gorgeous neon lining hidden just underneath!  He said that that kind of detail on already beautiful clothes was the kind of thing he loved and also, was what he was looking for. Something very well made, of course, but something that also has a little surprise.. a secret. I'm paraphrasing of course, but you get the idea. Add that together with his unwavering support of  teacher turned designer (and eventual winner!) of the first season, Kara Laricks, and he completely won me over. 



This is not a fashion blog, but home decor and fashion feed off of one another and Terron represents the epitome of what I'm hoping to do in our home. I don't just want it to be beautiful & well done... I want it to have unexpected surprises. I want to create secret moments that make our home exciting and really, really special. As I plan our home's decor, and share my projects and idea's with you, you can definitely expect some Terron inspired touches of interesting beauty! I hope that you'll be inspired to create some interesting beauty of your own as well! Don't worry too much about the rules or what other people are doing. Do what excites YOU and I promise you, you won't be disappointed!
If you want to get to know Terron a little bit better, you can see his top 10 essentials interview, here. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS